Cypher Harrisburg
We are back online. However, sadly I was not able to make a permanent fix to the dice issue and have it work on all users. To keep things simple as GM I'll be throwing in the dice coding on my replies. Additionally to allow the game to move as swiftly and concise as possible when making an action PLEASE state all skills and abilities that you have that you believe will ad you in the roll as well as if you are putting in Extra Effort. As GM I will then determine if these abilities and bonuses apply generate the dice outcome and narrate as usual.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cypher Harrisburg
We are back online. However, sadly I was not able to make a permanent fix to the dice issue and have it work on all users. To keep things simple as GM I'll be throwing in the dice coding on my replies. Additionally to allow the game to move as swiftly and concise as possible when making an action PLEASE state all skills and abilities that you have that you believe will ad you in the roll as well as if you are putting in Extra Effort. As GM I will then determine if these abilities and bonuses apply generate the dice outcome and narrate as usual.
Cypher Harrisburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cypher Harrisburg

A modern Fantasy West Marches game using the Cypher System

You are not connected. Please login or register

River Banks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1River Banks Empty River Banks Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:02 am

DMbobby

Admin

The banks of the nearby river have several entry points to the local sewers as well as fishing docks and walking trails.

https://cypher-harrisburg.rpg-board.net

2River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 am

DMbobby

Admin

Stumbling out of the sewers Janus makes the walk home to regroup (The first hour of rest [10 minute & hour rest] regains 9 points, you have no left this "zone")

3River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 am

MrJanusu

Janus arrives back at the entryway to the sewers by the river bank, awaiting the arrival of Dr. Mier, he looks around to see if anything appears to have been manipulated since he was last here.

4River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 am

Antisuperman

Dr. Miers approaches when he sees Janus in the distance. "This the entrance?"

5River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am

MrJanusu

"Correct, this is the place where I found the ring of candles and drag marks leading into the sewer. A little ways inside is where I encountered the skeletons. Shall we?"

Janus motioned to the sewer entrance, awaiting the Dr. to comment or to move into the sewer.

6River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am

Antisuperman

Dr. Miers nods, giving the area a brief scan (I assume it's been cleaned up since last time) and moves into the sewer silently so as not to alert anyone. (Trained in all stealth tasks)

7River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:29 am

DMbobby

Admin

Janus and Miers slip into the sewers stealthily (roll14 versus a DC12 reduced from a 15 due to Miers training in stealth). Exploring the sewers (Rolled 19 versus DC12 reduced from 15 due to Janus' training in tracking) they come across a hidden side room. It looks like at one point this area was a maintenance room, but now has become filled with half burned black candle, the smell of old incense, and a strange stone tablet with hieroglyphics on it. On one currently seems to be around.

8River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 am

MrJanusu

Janus takes in the surroundings, and decides to let the doctor check out the hieroglyphs. Janus will search the rest of the room and see if there's anything useful or hidden.

9River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:49 am

DMbobby

Admin

Searching round the room Janus finds a book tucked away in a corner behind some pipes (rolled 15). The book is on the Egyptian god Set and his duty to repel Apep the serpent of Chaos. In the back of your mind you hear a familiar voice, "Destroy this book before the would be hero over there spots it. I have plans coming and do not need followers of that Jackal headed fool in my way."

10River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:03 am

MrJanusu

While Dr. Miers is distracted by the hieroglyphs and candles, Janus will sneak into a corner and appear to still be searching and begin tearing pages from the book, making the book useless and indecipherable.

11River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:19 am

Antisuperman

Dr. Miers stoops down and picks up the tablet, trying to glean what he can from it (Magical Training, Decipher).

(Are we handling opposed player actions in any sense? I imagine the room isn't huge so is there some sort of roll to notice him destroying the book?)

12River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 am

DMbobby

Admin

Yes there are apposed rolls. Miers is distracted by deciphering the tablet (Increase task by one level, in opposed this becomes a -3, penalty and Janus has to training specifically in stealth or deception so his will be a flat roll)

Janus attempts to rip up the book in secret (Rolls a 12), Miers (Rolls 11-3=Cool does not notice.

Through some investigation Miers recognizes the markings as seeming to math the rubbing he found in the Marshes where the black jackal was found. The translation stays the same as it was then.

13River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:11 am

Antisuperman

Slipping the tablet into his bag (assuming its small enough to fit in a messenger bag).

"These people seem to be connected to the beast I encountered in the marshes. Disciples of Set most likely. Did you find anything?"

14River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:23 am

MrJanusu

"There's a few pieces of clutter, but nothing useful. I hope that tablet helps you figure out what's going on around here. Should we go further in?"

Janus motions to the door that they entered through, fighting off a nervous facial tic in his right eye.

15River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:39 am

Antisuperman

"In the marshes we encountered a hound of Set. We dispeled the enchantment binding it, but it seems these people are connected. Actually..." he pausing, slipping the tablet out of his bag and snapping pictures on his smartphone. After taking the pictures he sends them, a geolocation, and a brief note about where he is and what he's doing to Conrad and Jacob.

"I sent this info and our location to a few associates of mine, the others who encounter the hound. Just in case something happens to us... Let's continue in."

Dr. Miers puts his things away and stealths out of the room.

16River Banks Empty Re: River Banks Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:21 pm

MrJanusu

Janus follows behind the doctor and sneaks further into the sewer, cautiously listening for any signs of cultists or skeletons or any other potential threats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum